Sunday 1 January 2017

progress

I do like welding the frame, the skeleton of the sculpture. It is hot and exhausting, and at this stage I have no Idea if all the pieces will fit together..


So far so good. This one is coming together smoothly, but based on the previous experiences I'm bracing myself for glitches.
 Last few welds

 And then it is DONE!! I like the neat base.when it's turned sideways I can walk in, which will come handy when it comes to painting the frame. 


 Finding the photogenic position in the garden for the trial assembly and the photo-shoot.




Oh, and I still need to make the last thirty tiles, fire them twice, and paint the frame with cold galv. and 3 layers of anti-corrosive enamel.
But for now, I will grab a glass of vine and just sit here for a while and enjoy the view.

3 comments:

  1. happy new year to you... that is looking amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna. Hope your year will be wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea even the skeleton alone has beauty in my eyes. With the tiles it is looking magnificent.

    ReplyDelete