Sunday 29 January 2017

Malformed and Decayed

I'm having a lot of fun with this project, yet every time I attempt to talk or write about it I stumble for words. I don't know where to start or what to say. As I mentioned in a previous post, the brief is to make objects that are reminiscent of Victorian European ceramic, yet decayed and malformed. Bruised, distorted,misshapen, rot, peeling skin, are some of the referencing descriptive words. 

Well, most of the work is finished, glazed and fired, yet I am reluctant to let it go. I am confused with it. I am fascinated by the turmoil they are creating in my thoughts.I created them and I am attracted and repulsed by them at the same time. I feel as if I'm staring at someones misshapen and scared face, knowing that it is rude, yet unable to stop. (and I have created them!!)

I can't even photograph them properly. They are challenging me on so many levels!
So, here we go, a selection of unedited images. And I would love to hear your thoughts:
























1 comment:

  1. isn't it funny that you react to your own work like that.. I think the surfaces are amazing and I like the jug and the vase as they are..

    ReplyDelete