Tuesday 6 January 2015

Orbis                                                                                                             


When I was making the mould, this is the process I had in mind, but I was not sure if it would work. So far, it seems to be working and I'm very happy:



First Orbis is in the bisque firing. I hope that it is stable enough to survive.
If it does, it will still have to go through the glaze firing challenge before I know if I have a piece or not. It is risky, as it can crack, distort and break. I don't want to think about it.....

2 comments:

  1. beautiful; how will you fire it in the glaze firing? on stilts ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    Thank you for your interest.
    I intend to fire it with the opening on the kiln shelf - that would be the most stable position to prevent slumping and breaking. That means that I have to leave a narrow lip without the glaze, but it wont be hugely obvious as both the clay and the glaze are white.

    ReplyDelete