Wednesday 10 December 2014

Glaze tests                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
As the number of triangles grows and invades the studio,my mind is turning to glaze choices. I am limited by my description in the brief stating that the sculpture will be white and off white - too late to change my mind now, even if I wanted to.
My plan is to have coloured underglaze and white textural glaze on top.

Here are the first tests before the firing:

and after the firing:

This one looks nice:

I also tested them on the spare triangles:



And I have narrowed them down to these two:



 Which one will be the winner? Wet or dry version of the crawl glaze?? Green or pink background? Or both?


No comments:

Post a Comment