Monday 23 June 2014

Shape of Thought
                                                         

It grew a little bit more, but this is as far as I dare to go:




Please excuse "doctored" background of the image; I did not want messy studio backdrop distracting the view.


So instead of a sphere, I will be exhibiting 3 fragments.
The work still fits its original title: The Shape of Thought
Come to think of it, it probably fits it better than the planed sphere. Thoughts evolve, connect, disconnect and reconnect...

This is the artist statement accompanying the work:

I am inspired by fragility, organic beauty and delicate balance of natural environment, interested in exploring personal and archetypal symbolism of visual language, and intrigued by parallels with cultural environment.
I work with clay. I love the feel, the smell, and the idea of using a natural, earthy, ancient material to explore and express thoughts.
Shape of Thought is inspired by microscopic images of pollens, planktons and molecules and geodesic sphere structure popularized by architect, philosopher and futurist Buckminster Fuller.
I am intrigued by the fact that it is also a shape of Clathrin which plays a major role in the formation of neurotransmitters in our brain.


Although, now it is not the shape of Clathrin...

No comments:

Post a Comment