Thursday 24 April 2014

minus one                                         

I have been silent for over a month, I know. I have been busy making, angle grinding, drilling,bending and procrastinating. Today I have glued the last of the bolts into the clay and connected (those which were ready) triangles into hexagons and pentagons.


I am planning to put the sphere together on the weekend - trial run. It worries me terribly - will I be able to connect it? will it break? 
It feels little bit like constructing the house of cards. one wrong move and it all collapses. Not a reassuring thought.
This was also a chance to count all the triangles and, I cant quite believe it.... I am ONE triangle short.
ONE

I thought that I made plenty spares....but obviously not
Quite a few broke in the last batch

so I guess you won't hear from me for a while. I need to make, dry,fire,glaze and fire again some more triangles.Again.

2 comments:

  1. Undaunted, our heroine carries on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is turning into a saga, isn't it.... and no end in sight. just about ready to update you on the progress....

      Delete